jstack - stack trace
jstack [ option ] pid
jstack [ option ] executable core
jstack [ option ] [server-id@]remote-hostname-or-IP
jstack prints Java stack traces of Java threads for a given Java process or core file or a remote debug server. For each Java frame, the full class name, method name, ‘bci’ (byte code index) and line number, if available, are printed.
- process id for which the stacktrace is to be printed. The process must be a Java process. To get a list of Java processes running on a machine, jps may be used.
- Java executable from which the core dump was produced.
- core file for which the stack trace is to be printed.
- remote debug server’s hostname or IP address.
- optional unique id, if multiple debug servers are running on the same remote host.
- prints mixed mode (both Java and native C/C++ frames) stack trace.
$ pid=1345 $ jstack $pid >jstack.PID.$pid.TIMESTAMP.$(date +%H%M%S.%N)